Reviving Ceylon Tea back to its glory with IT
2017 budget to allocate Rs. 220mn to develop IT platform for Sri Lankan Tea.
To integrate functions associated with tea in order to improve productivity and quality across the industry, Sri Lanka plans to introduce an industry-wide and real-time IT solution.
The functions expected of the proposed IT backbone:
• To acquire, store, analyze and report on industry-related data.
• To integrate the entire value chain with efficient monitoring and regulation.
• To service the Tea Board’s day to day functions.
• To enable all non-government stakeholders to analyze their industry functions.
• To track production data of green-leaf purchases and dispatches in order to update all Lankan factories.
• To maintain an inventory of brokers’ warehouses and blend sheets of exporters’ warehouses.
• To include auction catalogues, results and laboratory analysis.
The software will share real-time information with all levels of tea-industry stakeholders to empower their current status.
Winning back the prestigious global position for Ceylon Tea is the main task of this software implementation.
Aligning all tea-trade stakeholders on a real-time information platform will undoubtedly help this national objective amidst other moves proposed by the unity government recently.
Ceylon Tea was once the pride of the nation, but now it has been diluted due to the gross neglect of past regimes and narrow-minded policies.
OSL wishes all the very best on this unique thought process of the unity government, and calls for Ceylon Tea lovers overseas to join hands with OSL to invest on the revival of the legendary Ceylon Tea brand.
Feel free to share a cup of premium Ceylon tea with the biz-friendly OSL Team now, to explore the diverse investment opportunities open in this traditional sector.
|Article Code :||VBS/AT/21102016/Z-3|
We want to start tea and natural rubber products to the global market. Do you have related business ideas in this field.we want to start in Avissawella area.also looking to initiate incubation so for small businesses holders.March 22, 2017 at 7:09 am