Strategic Divestiture Of Srilankan Airlines Limited By The Government Of Sri Lanka
• The majority of shares are owned by the Government of Sri Lanka (GoSL).
• SLA operated jointly with Emirates Airlines from 1998 to 2008 making a profit during the tenure.
• SLA presently serves 37 destinations and is the only operator to have direct flights to Australia, France, Germany, Japan, South Korea and the UK from Sri Lanka.
• It operates direct flights to 26 countries for which the airline holds landing rights.
• All the aircraft of SLA are leased.
• Sri Lanka Catering Limited (Catering) is a subsidiary of SLA supplying food and beverages to flights
• SLA is authorized by Airport and Aviation Services Sri Lanka Pvt Ltd (AASL) for ‘ground handling’ is a profitable going concern.
• Although SLA has made profits through catering and ground handling, SLA has incurred severe losses.
• Despite the losses incurred, Sri Lankan Airlines made an operating profit for the year ending 31st March 2023
|SECTOR :||Aviation sector|
|OPPORTUNITY CODE :||VBS/OP/20231108/X_1|