Establish & Operate an Agro Zone (Public Private Partnership)
600 Acres MASL land at Sinhapura within Welikanda
To develop the Agro Zone to locate for animal husbandry, dairy, cultivation of cash crops using annual rainfall, agro wells or by rainwater harvesting. The Investor / Developer shall develop & operate the Agro Zone inclusive of access roads, electricity and water supply facilities within the Zone
Fringe benefits and incentives offered by the government
Investors in the area of agriculture and agro-industry may obtain incentives in the form of a priority period of tax exemption on profits. Investment activities in the area of agriculture and agro-industry shall receive such incentives according to the Sub-Decree relating to the Implementation of the Law on Investment.
US $35.0 Million and above for total Project 600 Acres.
Major economic and social benefits
• Increase domestic agricultural production to ensure food and nutrition security of the nation.
• Enhance agricultural productivity and ensure sustainable growth.
• Maximize benefits and minimize adverse effects of globalization on domestic and export agriculture.
• Productive farming systems and improved agro-technologies with a view to reduce the unit cost of production and increase profits.
• Adoption of technologies in farming that is environmentally friendly and harmless to health.
• Promote agro-based industries and increase employment opportunities.
• Enhance the income and the living standard of farming community.
Significance of the project
Tax concession and tax holidays offered by the Government in agriculture, animal husbandry, fishing, processing of any such produce by the producer from the year of Commencement of Business.
Project can be initiated with immediate effect, by identifying a suitable land and submission of a proposal to SJK Strategies.
Reasons to invest
High growth rate in Agricultural sector. With diverse agro zones for agro based industry and access to a large fishing area, Sri Lanka has much to offer for both local and foreign investors in the Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries sectors. The government looks for specialized investment in agricultural sector to improve productivity, level of technology innovation, access to international markets, use of quality seeds and planting materials and improve overall value addition. Some of the opportunities include: High profits Margins in Horticulture for Investors for the expansion of Export market to Middle East, japan etc. There are many areas in which value addition can be enhanced. Government encourages the induction of investors who can enhance the domestic value addition in Sri Lanka so that these items are exported in high value forms The livestock sector consists of the dairy and poultry, are considered as priority areas for growth, employment generation and increasing income of rural farmers.
Recommended way forward
1. Exclusive Mandate authorizing Local Promoter to participate on behalf of the Investor / Developer
2. Submission of Expression Of Interest
3. Submission of Initial Screening Documents by the proponent including proof of funds
4. Signing of Coorporation Agreement with the responsibility matrix
5. Submission of Preliminary Proposal
6. Obtaining in principal go ahead by the authorities
7. Develop a detailed proposal with the help of a local promoter after carrying out a feasibility study
8. Preparation of a fund raising model and a commercial proposal
9. Final approval and financial closure.
|OPPORTUNITY CODE :||VBS/OP/16082017/X_2|