Aerocity Seethawaka Public Private Partnership
Seethawaka, in a Land are of 2,000 Acre (45 Km from Colombo)
To setup a domestic airport and Industrial zone at Seethawaka
Fringe benefits and incentives offered by the government
A project proposal to setup a domestic airport airport at Seethawaka including an Export oriented Trade Hub on a Public Private Partnership. The proposed location is in close proximity to the Existing Kaduwela High Entrance. Hence, also the present Megapolis plans are in place to expand the next phase of the highways which is mostly in line with the proposed location providing a strategic advantage for the commencement of operations.
US $ 500 million and above
Significance of the project
Because of open market free economy policies it has greater Financial Returns on Investment furthermore the Foreign Investor are allowed to have Controlling ownership of their investment that means to gain large profits by Investing in Projects. Market share will be high in Sri Lanka as it is emerging as booming economy in South Asia and more airports and industrial zones will be built in the years to come in Sri Lanka
Concessions and benefits offered by government
• Applicable Tax Concessions shall be granted by the Board of Investment of Sri Lanka.
• Duty free facilities can be given for the importation of equipment, Building Materials etc Under the BOI Incentives.
Project can be initiated with immediate effect, by submission of a proposal to SJK Strategies. Potential Investors / Developers are invited for Foreign Direct Investment or any composition of Joint Venture between Local & Foreign Investors to set up Projects within Sri Lanka. The Project Company shall qualify for applicable incentives under the Board of Investment of Sri Lanka.
Reasons to invest
• Only country in the South Asia that has Free Trade Agreements with both India & Pakistan
• Already giving you Free Trade access to approximately 25% of world’s population
• Free Trade Agreement being negotiated with China
Major economic and social benefits
• Increase in the employment
• High Profit Margins. Government aims to make Sri Lanka a strategic hub in the coming next year’s.
• It has more stabilized economy in South Asia. Foreign investors are allowed a significant percentage of ownership of their investment
• Rise in the living standards of people
• Growth in the overall economy of a country
Recommended way forward
1. Exclusive Mandate authorizing Local Promoter to participate on behalf of the Investor / Developer
2. Submission of Expression Of Interest3. Submission of Initial Screening Documents by the proponent including proof of funds
4. Signing of Coorporation Agreement with the responsibility matrix
5. Submission of Preliminary Proposal
6. Obtaining in principal go ahead by the authorities
7. Develop a detailed proposal with the help of a local promoter after carrying out a feasibility study
8. Preparation of a fund raising model and a commercial proposal
9. Final approval and financial closure.
|OPPORTUNITY CODE :||VBS/OP/16082017/X_1|