3 Star Beach Resort in high potential tourist area
Upgrading of 3 Star Beach Resort in to a 6 Star boutique Hotel.
• Land Extent: 555 perches (approximate 3.7 Acres).
• Current Status: Closed and Refurbishment is taking place.
• Location of Beach Resort: Tangalle, South Coastal of Sri Lanka.
How to reach the Beach Resort:
• 190 km from the city of Colombo
• 240 km from Bandaranaike International Airport.
• 10 minutes’ drive from Tangalle Town.
• 30 minutes’ drive from Hambantota Mattala International Airport.
The Upgrading Plan Proposed:
Categorized as a Beach Resort by the Tourist Board, the beach resort resembles a cruise ship and sits on the beach providing guests a most beautiful and serene circular view of the south ocean (Indian Ocean) of Sri Lanka.
The present upgrade is targeted towards making this hotel as the best down south resort hotel of its kind.
The Resort is to be upgraded towards international star classification guidelines to attract high-end holiday travelers.
The Resort already consist of:
• CAR PARK for more than 40 cars
• Restaurant for more than 150 persons dining together.
• Coffee shop
• Two swimming pools and bar
• Complete Kitchen
The new additions planned in the upgrade:
• Banquet /Auditorium for 300 packs
• Swimming pools with pool bars
• Other recreation facilities
The property stands on a 1.4037 hectares of prime property (this is equivalent to 3.469 acres or 555 perches).
The land is pointed into the beach and provides a circular view of the Tangalle beach.
Beach frontage expands to a 50 meter stretch to Galle Side and 50 meter stretch to Colombo side.
Resort Development History:
• 35 rooms were built in 1974 by the famous architect Valentine Gunasekera.
• This unique quirky hotel has cabins built in 4 decks. Categorized as Captain Cabins and Crew cabins.
• 50 new rooms are being planned to be constructed.
• A new wing is currently being constructed on the cruise concept.
Parking: More than required sized car park which can comfortably take more than 40 cars.
50 perches of land belonging to the company is being used to build staff quarters.
|SECTOR :||Tourism & Hotels|
|OPPORTUNITY CODE :||VBS/OP/15092016/X-1|