Welikada Prison land for investors
• To hand over the 38.5 acres extent of land at Welikada which is possessed by the Department of Prisons to Urban Development Authority for urbun development activities.
• To aquire 28 acres of soranawatta crown land in Horana Divisional Secretariat wihich is presently possessed by the urban development authorityfor the relocation of Welikada Prison, Prison Hospital, Womens’s Ward and Prison Quarters under the prison reform activities.
• With the assistance of Prime Minister Wickremesinghe, they are going to shift these prisons very soon.
• According to the new concept of prisons administration and guideline of International Committee of Red Cross.it is required to allow prisoners more opportunity to conduct relationship with family members.
• This is to assure the human rights of prisoners.
Minister of Rehabilitation, Resettlement and Prison Reforms, D.M. Swaminathan says that the Welikada Prison will be relocated to the suburbs in less than one year. The minister made this statement while addressing a media briefing held to announce plans for K-9 units to be established near prison complexes.
Minister of Rehabilitation, Resettlement and Prison Reforms, D.M. Swaminathan stated that for the last 20 years “they are speaking about shifting prisons.”
Explaining further, he noted that within another year, or even a little later, they will see prisons shifts, so that this 26 acres of land – prime land – in the heart of city can be used for the development purposes of this country.
Since the prime land in Welikada will be cleared for development activities, interested parties could submit proposals to invest in this land with business themes.
OSL will facilitate the opportunity matchmaking to fast-track the execution of project between the UDA and the investor.
The PPP investment model is the proposed method of investment preferred by the government of Sri Lanka and more information could be obtained via the biz-friendly OSL Team.
|SECTOR :||Tourism & Hotels|
|OPPORTUNITY CODE :||VBS/OP/21062016/X-1|