World Class Universities And Knowledge Cities
The Below locations are proposed :
• Achchuveli Jaffna – 15 Acres
• Puttalam – State Owned Land 9250 Acres
• Matara – 340 Acres
• Kandy – 75 Acres
• Mulathivu – State Owned Land 100 Acres
• Deniyaya – 200 Acres
To establish 05 World Class Universities and 02 Knowledge Cities in order to attract over 10,000 foreign students and 500 foreign professors and researchers to Sri Lanka.
Rationale / Objectives
The main objective of the project is to build a Knowledge Hub in Sri Lanka with world class standards in order to minimize the outflow of the Sri Lanka students going abroad. (Estimated 10,000 leave seeking higher education annually. Approximately 250,000 are qualified to enter universities in a Sri Lanka, out of which only 25,000 are allocated seats in the state universities and the balance of 25,000 go into state technical colleges). An estimated 75,000 are enrolled into the non-state sector higher education institutes.
USD $ 25 Mn and above.
Proposed procurement Method
Unsolicited proposals prior to publishing tenders
Planned Start Date
Proposed projects can be initiated with immediate effect, by identifying a suitable land from among the lands mentioned above.
Potential Investor / Developers are invited for Foreign Direct Investment or a composition of a Joint Venture Holdings with SJK Strategies. Recommended initial step is to submit an Expression of Interest on the interested project. Followed by a preliminary proposal including, company profile, Board of Directors profiles, Past Experience, Technological Capabilities, Patented Technology if any, Competitive advantage of technology and materials utilized to complete the project, Past Three years audited financial reports and the end to end solution offered for the project.
Available. Sourcing capable investors’ developers with similar experience. 02 International Universities have already been approved to be established in Sri Lankan, and several International Universities are having serious negotiation with the relevant authorities
Recommended way forward
1. Exclusive Mandate authorizing Local Promoter to participate on behalf of the Investor / Developer
2. Submission of Expression Of Interest
3. Submission of Initial Screening Documents by the proponent including proof of funds
4. Signing of Coorporation Agreement with the responsibility matrix
5. Submission of Preliminary Proposal
6. Obtaining in principal go ahead by the authorities
7. Develop a detailed proposal with the help of a local promoter after carrying out a feasibility study
8. Preparation of a fund raising model and a commercial proposal
9. Final approval and financial closure.
|OPPORTUNITY CODE :||VBS/OP/23082017/X_1|