Private Hospitals in Sri Lanka
1 Acre UDA land within the city of Kurunegala.
The hospital will be built specifically designed to treat patients with heart ailments, mental tranquility and medical tourism. Need for developing special hospitals for patients with heart ailments has been identified as a priority intervention in the health sector with Sri Lanka observing an increase in non-communicable diseases, the incidence of heart diseases too is on the rise. Thus catering to this demand the hospital will feature a set of experienced doctors equipped with the latest technology.
Fringe benefits and incentives offered by the government
This project will improve the accessibility to modern and high quality services in relation to medical and surgical tertiary care and the proposed project will fills gaps in healthcare delivery avoiding undue disparities in access to such services. At times, costly private finances does not necessarily lead to "value for money."
US $20 million and above.
Significance of the project
Establishment of Private Hospitals Specifically designed to treat patients with heart ailments, mental tranquility and medical tourism. The proposed hospital to be established in Gampaha, and Jaffna districts should have a minimum of 100 and 125 Beds with all facilities.
Concessions and benefits offered by government
• The BOI would facilitate in obtaining of clearances / approvals from the Ministry of Health for the Proposed Project.
• Applicable Tax Concessions shall be granted by the Board of Investment of Sri Lanka.
• Duty free facilities can be given for the importation of equipment, building and materials etc. Under the BOI Incentives.
Project can be initiated with immediate effect, by submission of a proposal to SJK Strategies.
Reasons to invest
The private health sector is developing fast as an outcome of innovations, population growth, epidemiological variations, and reform to name limited drivers and health care is showing a strong flexibility during the economic downturn, mainly in emerging markets. People spend money on health. It is being observed that the growth of the health sector is a stable long-term equation.
Recommended way forward
1. Exclusive Mandate authorizing Local Promoter to participate on behalf of the Investor / Developer
2. Submission of Expression Of Interest
3. Submission of Initial Screening Documents by the proponent including proof of funds
4. Signing of Coorporation Agreement with the responsibility matrix
5. Submission of Preliminary Proposal
6. Obtaining in principal go ahead by the authorities
7. Develop a detailed proposal with the help of a local promoter after carrying out a feasibility study
8. Preparation of a fund raising model and a commercial proposal
9. Final approval and financial closure.
|OPPORTUNITY CODE :||VBS/OP/22082017/X_1|