Implementation of Public Private Partnership in Higher Education
A plot of land, owned by the Land Reform Commission and managed by the Horana Plantation Limited has been identified for the purpose of establishing the proposed international multidisciplinary university which will be established as a Public Private Partnership.
The earmarked plot of land with an extent of approximately 100 acres from the Dikhena division of the New Chattle Estate located in Galpatha village situated in the Divisional Secretariat area of Millaniya in Kalutara District of Sri Lanka.
It is proposed to allocate the said land on a long term lease subject to suitable conditions for ninety nine (99) years.
To establish an independent quality assurance and accreditation council for higher education at national level and to encourage collaborations with suitable parties to make Sri Lanka a destination for quality higher education, in order to implement a strategy of making Sri Lanka a knowledge hub.
Rationale / Objectives
- The vision of the present government is to make Sri Lanka, an international hub of excellence for higher education by 2020.
- The establishment of world class international universities in Sri Lanka will help the Government to provide opportunities to around 132,000 students who qualify for university education but do not gain admission due to capacity limitations of state universities.
- A minimum of 2500 Employment Opportunities in academic and nonacademic sectors will be available.
- To issue 5 year multiple entry visas from year 2017, to international students who wish to study in Sri Lanka to help and promote educational tourism
Proposed procurement Method
Unsolicited proposals prior to publishing tenders
Planned Start Date
Proposed projects can be initiated with immediate effect
Potential Investor / Developers are invited for Foreign Direct Investment or a composition of a Joint Venture Holdings with SJK Strategies. Recommended initial step is to submit an Expression of Interest on the interested project. Followed by a preliminary proposal including, company profile, Board of Directors profiles, Past Experience, Technological Capabilities, Patented Technology if any, Competitive advantage of technology and materials utilized to complete the project, Past Three years audited financial reports and the end to end solution offered for the project.
Available. Sourcing capable investors’ developers with similar experience
Recommended way forward
1. Exclusive Mandate authorizing Local Promoter to participate on behalf of the Investor / Developer
2. Submission of Expression Of Interest
3. Submission of Initial Screening Documents by the proponent including proof of funds
4. Signing of Coorporation Agreement with the responsibility matrix
5. Submission of Preliminary Proposal
6. Obtaining in principal go ahead by the authorities
7. Develop a detailed proposal with the help of a local promoter after carrying out a feasibility study
8. Preparation of a fund raising model and a commercial proposal
9. Final approval and financial closure.
|OPPORTUNITY CODE :||VBS/OP/18082017/X_2|